Gone Clubbing

Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend report

The weekend was fantastic…well…it was fairly good.
I decided to start tanning on saturday since it was warm enough and I was free for once to do so. So I went outside with a blanket, pillow and a gun and laid down on the lawn. The blanket was so I had something soft to lie on and the pillow was so I could fall asleep easier since I hate tanning and sleeping makes the time go by faster.

We have been having problems with a stray cat chasing our cat and being a big meanie. We have been out chasing it around a few times and scaring the shit out of it when it has been in fights with our cat. I figured if I saw it I’d cap his ass.

Instedead of capping an ass I get a call from my parents. They just broke the key to the car and need me to drive over with a spare. No problem, except that they are 450 km away. My dad says that they will try to weld the thing but that I should prepare myself for a drive the next day. However, after an hour they call again saying that they’ve found a locksmith that made a copy of the key. I had already become annoyed at the prospect of driving for 10+ hours and missing the F1 race the next day so when I got the call it really made my weekend.

In the evening I go over to my sister’s and her boyfriend’s place to celebrate their moving in together. There was food, drinks and people I barely knew and some I knew well. The place had gotten a makeover. It looked like the Fab 5 had been there actually…except that there was no wide brown stripe on the wall…and I am not saying that they rub their asses on the wall when they are done.

After the party we went over to Royal Night. Me and Martin got there first to get first dibs on the ladies. We hung around talking about his little brother and how he seems to be more of a ladies man than we were at his age. Then we danced a bit, ordered some beverages, danced some more, went to the bathroom, all the usual stuff. Nothing really interesting happened in the way of women.

It is strange though because Royal Night has never been particularly kind to me in that regard. The only place that equals Royal Night’s suckiness is Oliver’s Inn but I chalk that up to me being greener than the Hulk in a bowl of peas when I frequented Oliver’s. One would think that I’d do better at Royal because I do fairly okay at other venues but there is something odd about it. Sort of like a hitter not being able to get a hit off a certain pitcher.

Well, anyway, after we were done at the bar we headed over to the new statue on the pedestrian street because Martin had yet to see it. Then we headed over to a street grill for some food…well, martin got food. Then there was nothing else to do but go by the hospital to check out another statue of a little girl bending over in a suggestive way (my interpretation) and go home and play with the pet snake.

This morning I found out that our friend macko had had a run in with the local whackjobs and had been beaten up in an alley on his way home. I have never been afraid to walk the streets at night but it does seem like it is getting more violent out there.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jonas said…

    Yes that’s true but from what I hear it was pretty much unprovoked...but you never know what really happened. However, either way it is a shitty thing to do...going around punching people in the face.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Jacke said…

    People sure are crazy these days.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    I wouldn't say it was better...remember? We sat at home every god damn saturday night playing video games. Fuck that! I'd rather take my chances out on town and get some poonanny once in a while.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home