Gone Clubbing

Friday, May 19, 2006

It's friday bitches!

Well, it’s Friday bitches! Which means I am getting geared up for the weekend. Actually, I am never really in a party mood on Fridays. Usually I am physically exhausted from not getting enough sleep and working out the entire week that Friday is more of a welcome release, a time where I can finally rest. However, that is not until after I have been to the gym. Usually around 10 I can relax.

Friday is also the only night a week I get enough sleep (i.e 10-13 hours). Saturday is party night and you don’t really get any quality sleep after a night of clubbing. Especially now when the sun rises a bit after you’ve come home. Then the sun light is reflected by the windows of the building opposite from mine straight into my apartment. On top of that the seagulls outside usually go insane this time of year so there is a lot of noise and shit…literally…they crap all over the place. I was working on the theory that they are so noisy because their stomachs are bad (hence the crap) but then my sister mentioned that it is probably mating season so they go a bit nuts…sort of like people. Then I remember seeing two seagulls getting it on on a rooftop a few days ago and the pieces started falling into place.

Anyway, today I am planning on buying new jeans. I noticed that my old pair had a little hole in the butt so I decided to retire them with full honours. We will miss you. So now I only have one pair of jeans and that is not acceptable.
I have been looking in stores to see exactly what is out there and contemplated what I want. My sister will not be joining me this time because she is busy working and playing seagull with her boyfriend.

In the past I have always relied on my sister to provide valuable input in my clothes purchases but I figure that she won’t be able to do that forever so I better start learning to do it myself. Before I would have been terrified of getting jeans by myself but I feel quite confident this time as I know what I am looking for.

The last time I was looking for jeans I tried around 15 pairs in various stores. At the time I thought it was very troublesome but in retrospect I learned a lot. Jeans with a low waist seem to fit me the best, so that is what I’m getting. The pair I have been looking at are low waist, slightly distressed, “standard blue” jeans with a slight bootcut. Actually I have been looking at two pairs, one is a lighter shade of blue. You don’t want to go too light though or you’ll look like you’re from the 80’s (with those almost white acid washed jeans). A more “mid range blue” also fits better in spring/summer I think than a darker wash but are still totally wearable during winter. A darker wash can also look a bit too “dressed up” sometimes whereas a lighter shade looks a bit more casual.
Besides, I have been trying to incorporate lighter shades in my outfits now that spring is in full swing. Black is so depressing…and the chicks dig colour too I think

6 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    I would also like to add that I saw the finest looking Asian chick ever today. Even hotter than those me and martin scoped out at Royal a few weeks ago…But she could also have been Colombian or Brazilian or something…She works in a hair dresser shop in Rewell Center…Damn she was hot!

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Ainu said…

    Seagull is umineko - sea cat - in Japanese

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    What is seagull crap in Japanese?

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jacke said…

    Umineko no unchi. (Perhaps. I'm not good with that shit.)

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Jonas said…

    "...Umineko no unchi..."

    Sounds like a pasta dish...I think I'll order that when I am in Japan next time.

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    Ah no worries..I bought them already and think they are alright...no one has grabbed my ass yet though so I don’t know if others like them :p ...But I might need some new shirts soon...I ...umm...broke one...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home