Gone Clubbing

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Them bastards!!

Last week a guy came into the room at work and asked if I could do some drawings for a project someone was doing. At first I thought it was just about sitting in on a few meetings and then doing the drawings on computer. Turned out it wasn't quite as simple as that.

I went to the meeting on tuesday and I was the only one there from our office.
AND they had started the project in February so I didn't really know what it was about or what they needed me to do. I left the meeting with the impression that they wanted me to do the design for a schoolyard.

Then yesterday afternoon I got the information that there are three different architectural firms involved in the project so basically they were looking for free labour, i.e me. So it looked like my current employer was going to forbid me from doing the project since technically it was not intended to be done by our department.

Now it seems like it isn't that much work anyway. Just a simple plan actually. I'm also going to make a few montages in Photoshop and a couple of 3D models in Archicad on my own initiative. From experience I know that a site plan says absolutely nothing to the general public. There is always a need for pictures.

When I went to the meeting I took the car, and thought the turn signal acted a bit strange but assumed it was a faulty wire or something. Later when I got off from work I noticed that there were two gaping holes where the front blinkers usually are. I examined them a bit closer and noticed that someone had stolen them. The wires were neatly cut off.

In other news
I think I will have to retire my trusty blue striped shirt. I was flexing my right forearm the other day and the fabric ripped. When I got home a button fell out as well..and it wasn't the thread that broke but the fabric around the button. So I might need a new shirt soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home