Gone Clubbing

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Surreal weekend

The weekend was surreal.
Earlier during saturday, Finland had lost the semi finals in the hockey world championships so everyone felt a bit down. The Eurovision song contest was supposed to be an afterthought, something you watched for a while before heading out to the bars. Maybe we could score some points and get in the top ten. Hell, we'd allready won since we managed to get into the final.

Then the points started dropping in. A twelve point max...another...and another...when half of the votes were cast Finland was in the lead by 40 points. We just sat and stared in disbelief. Was this happening? I don't think anyone in the entire nation thought they could actually win the thing but as the contest went on and the scores were going in our favour it seemed not only probable but likely. And still no one could believe it.

Then the announcement came; Finland wins the Eurovision. We watched the performance again, still in disbelief, then headed out to celebrate.

When we got out of the building you could hear the celebrations taking place. People were singing the song in the streets, chanting "hard rock hallelujah", everywhere you looked there were people smiling and saying things like "I can't believe it".

As for the remainder of the night, well, it was not as miraculous as the win.
Martin was at home, still mentally recovering from last weekend. Marcus, Kia, Jens and his woman was out but they went home in the wee hours while I pressed on, searching for...well...what I am usually looking for...pie...hair pie...

Anyway, no such luck...Well, to be honest I could probably have scored with two or three but I deemed one too fat, one didnt have boobs and the third..I don't remember what her problem was...oh yeah, too drunk.

The chick with the big eyes was out again so I checked her out. She seems a bit...stuck up...a bit..."queen syndrome"...But the eyes..oh the eyes...The power of the pussy is strong.

So yeah, I went home and got a good night of sleep instead, which is not a completely unsatisfying thing in itself. In fact I kind of needed it since my trapezius muscle on the left side cramped up on friday so I was in pain the night between friday and saturday so I got very little sleep.

Aanyway, in other news, Martin has found an apartment and it seems now as there are going to be more people joining in on the annual Ă…land trip as Marcus said that we "definately need to go". Jens seemed a bit interested as well but we'll have to see what the government says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home