Gone Clubbing

Monday, December 11, 2006

I hate beta

I hate this new beta-blogger thing. I hate it so much it might drive me away from blogging completely. I try to comment on something and it refuses to publish my comment because I have to use my google account password or something and when I use that it still doesn’t work. This is the reason I haven’t made any comments lately. I wouldn’t have switched to beta at all unless they forced me to.
------------------------------
This weekend I went out two times, on friday and saturday. Out of the two, friday turned out to be the best night. A band played at Fontana so I decided to go, even though I wasn’t really a fan. When I got there the place was pretty empty and I started thinking that I’d go somewhere else after the show.

However, the band was pretty good. The frontman was excellent I must say. He had that certain something that good front people should have. The songs were fairly simple but rather anthemic so they stuck in your head and at the end you could sing along even if you hadn’t heard them before.

Then I noticed a chick eyeing me so I decided to stick around and find out what her deal was. Turned out she was only visiting with her friend. She spoke Finnish but was really nice. She felt a bit embarrassed about her friend being drunk though. The friend actively tried to get me in the same place (technically we already were so let’s say ”interact with..”) as the sober chick, which was quite funny. After we had talked for a while she mentioned that she had a boyfriend...but later on she still wanted my number.

I have a theory that the relationship was a bit rocky right now, or that it was just about to end. I came to that conclusion based on the phrasing of something she said to her friend about her ”still dating”. It’s hard to put into writing so I’ll just hope that those really interested, i.e my sister *hello sis’* will use her feminine intuition and understand what I’m talking about.

Saturday was somewhat of a bust. Me and martin went to Royal. Again, when we got there the place was pretty empty. The moment I stepped in a drunk dude fell over and spillt his beer on my pants and brand new shoes (luckily I had put...whatever it’s called...on..you know, something that’ll make it water resistant..prior to going out).

One chick was flirting with me so I decided to try her on for size. However, bottom line is that I didn’t score. I suck. Anyway, after getting home and having whacked it and having had a meal consisting of scrambled eggs, a glass of youghurt, a carrot, a nashi and a turkey sandwich, I washed my face and felt that it was probably a pretty good thing I didn’t bang her. She wasn’t smokin’ hot and way to drunk. So I got to sleep instead.
----------------------------
I’ve had a really long dry spell when it comes to women lately. It’s not just that I haven’t porked anyone in a while. I haven’t even met anyone really interesting or asked anyone out in months. In october I came up with the idea that I’d ask someone out each month but that hasn’t really worked out.

They say that you shouldn’t really try when you go out. Well, I’ve actually tried it now for about three months and it hasn’t worked the least. So I now officially call bullshit on that one. Maybe it works for women to just go out and not do anything but for an average guy if you go out and just go about your own business it means that nothing will happen. I do wonder, however, where this common myth comes from...oh wait...probably some chick.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jacke said…

    "They say that you shouldn’t really try when you go out. Well, I’ve actually tried it now for about three months and it hasn’t worked the least."

    That's the problem; you were trying, but you shouldn't be trying!
    :P

    "This is the reason I haven’t made any comments lately."

    Well, there's always the 'anonymous' option.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If you don’t try you are trying not to try, which means you are trying, which negates the not trying.

    Whenever I try using the anonomous comment it says that those aren’t allowed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home