Gone Clubbing

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sartorial pursuits

Yesterday I went for a bit of shopping with my darling sister. I was kind of on the lookout for shoes but unfortunately I didn’t find any. I did, however, find a waistcoat I’ll match with my beige, striped shirt. I also got a couple of pairs of underwear. I thought about being cheap and only buying two pairs but I figured since I have cash and really need new underwear I got three.

I also happened to come across something I haven’t seen live before; a knit silk tie. I didn’t buy it though but I’m seriously considering it. When I got home I tested if any of my ties would go with the shirt-waistcoat combo. The closest I got was a narrow black one. Black looked good but the tie knot was overpowered by the collar of the shirt, even with a double windsor knot.

The knit silk was a bit wider so there would be more fabric there. I’ve read that knit ties are a bit difficult to tie though and it’s not something you see a lot around here. However, the latter is actually a reason for me to get one. The thing is though, that the waistcoat is plaid, the shirt is striped, and that’s already two patterns. The texture of the tie suggests a third pattern and that’s a bit tricky to pull off but the dark color would probably ground it a bit. Plus, the texture would match the cufflinks on the shirt pretty well. I’m still undecided though. I might go with just a necklace or something.

I am also considering getting a pair of dark grey pants, a bit like suit pants but a bit heavier. I could combine that with a shirt and sweater for a preppy look, or dress it up with a shirt and tie but they’d also go well with just a sweater. If they have my size I’ll get those today.

However, then I’ll also have to get a new belt. I was thinking I’d pair the pants with the waistcoat and shirt this weekend. I’d then wear my black dress shoes but I’m not completely sure the belt I have would fit. I’m thinking I’d get a belt that bridges the gap between a wide casual belt and a narrow dress belt.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    They didn't have my size of the pants but I found an almost identical pair in another shop, and I got 25% off on those...hmm..that sounded kinky...Anyway, I also bought the tie yesterday..Now all I need is a belt that bridges the gap between dress-slim and casual-wide and the outfit is complete.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That could be a new scale for the hotness of chicks. "No, not her, I get only around 15% off on her. But that other chick is hot! I get 85% off on her!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home