Gone Clubbing

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Stain removal

Well, I got the stains out of Martins tie. It wasn’t really that hard. I got the idea of searching the internet for tips on stain removal. Apparently, a great way of getting grease and/or oil stains stains out is to get some baby powder, sprinkle it on the stain, cover with a paper towel and heat with a hot ironing iron. Then you just brush off the powder and the stain should be gone.

I actually tried that on the tie too, since the face paint was grease based, or so I assumed. It didn’t work that well so it wasn’t exactly the same. However, I also got a commercial stain remover, which worked like a charm. I was a bit hesitant of using it though since I thought the chemicals in it would ruin a silk tie. However, when I looked a bit closer I noticed that it was 100% polyester.
It looked almost like silk though. Silk may have a bit more shine too it and is just a bit softer to the touch.

I’m starting to think that I’m turning into a chick.
Yesterday I saw a leather messenger bag I am thinking about getting. The thing is though, I don’t really need it. I just think it looks a bit better than the one I have. It’s not insanely expensive, but I *should* save the money.
Since it’s my birthday next weekend I’m thinking I’d dress a bit nicer than usual. I was thinking a new white shirt, green silk tie, my black waist coat with faint pinstripe pattern and pinstripe pants. However, the pinstripe patterns on the pants and the waist coat doesn’t match up. The stripes on the pants are wider apart so I am not sure about the whole idea. I’ll try it and see what I think but I’d really prefer that the stripes match perfectly. A pair of cufflinks with green in them would be the detail that brings it all together (and sets it apart from the rest of the losers).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home