Gone Clubbing

Monday, November 13, 2006

Moneymoneymoneymooooneeeeyyy

I had the strangest dream a few nights ago. This time I even remembered to write it down. Last time I had a weird dream I didn't write it down 'cause I thought I'd remember it but I fell asleep and forgot all about it. Later I remember it being something about me and Martin drowning some chick in a gigantic tub of ice cream.Anyway, to my latest dream.
I actually didn't remember this one either but I found the note where I had written the "plot" down. I dreamt that Martin was living in this old, run down wooden building (partly true I guess). But the thing about it was that the building was divided into two apartments, with only a door seperating the two. An old lady was living next door. She was like...102 years old or something and apparently was very fond of Martin.
Anyway, Martin was moving out so he was having a party to commemorate the day. After the party was over, me and Martin were sitting there chatting, about to go to sleep (I had brought a sleeping bag since the place was somewhere out in the sticks). All of a sudden the door to the other apartment opens. It's the old lady. She just opens it and goes back to her bed, which is right there in the next room. She then says: "Since this is your last night here I think we should spend the night together".
At the moment I had the dream I didn't think it had any sexual implications but I suppose it would seem that way.
-------------Since I’ll be getting my first paycheck soon I have been planning what kind of stuff I’m going to get. It’s exciting, strange and a bit scary to start getting this kind of cash. Exciting because now I’ll be able to afford a bit of luxury in my life, like a new pair of jeans even though I have two whole pairs. It will also mean that I won’t have to figure out how much my food costs when doing grocery shopping and if I can afford it. That’ll be very cool..and strange at the same time.

It’s also a bit scary because in the past I have always lived basically from paycheck to paycheck, spending pretty much every cent I earn. Even though I have planned to save up some cash I have never really been able to. I hope I’ll be able to save up some beans for a rainy day this time. It’ll be a test of self discipline for sure.

Anyway, I’ve come up with a few things I want to get.
New shoes. I really want a pair of dark brown casual shoes.
New jeans. Three pairs of jeans, what a concept!
A nice watch. I don’t have one and I think it would be a cool accessory. I only need to decide what color armband I want.
A couple of new button up shirts. Some of my old ones are getting a bit worn.
Underwear. Old ones are worn and smelly...well..at least worn.
Plain white t-shirts. Old ones are stained and old.
New gym pants. I’ve had the same pair for years and they’ve got some holes in them. Besides, I spend so much time at the gym I should probably look my best.
A quality white dress shirt. One I can wear cufflinks with. Preferably 100% cotton since it gets hot enough wearing a suit. Cotton breathes more than the cotton-polyester blend you usually see in cheap white dress shirts. I’d also like it if it had a faint pattern, like a diamond pattern or herringbone or something. If I decide to wear it only with a tie sometimes it would look more interesting.
Cufflinks with some green in them, like a stripe or some kind of other pattern. I’m thinking in terms of outfits here. I could wear my new white shirt with my black waist coat I bought about a year ago. Usually I wear that with my pink striped shirt but I’d like to wear my fabulous green tie sometime as well. The cufflinks would then match my tie, not that anyone would notice.

Speaking of ties, I managed to stain Martin’s tie on Halloween. He couldn’t tie it himself so I tied it for him. Unfortunately, I tied it around my own neck and when taking it off I got some makeup on it. I will get the stains out for him though. If I can’t get ’em out myself I’ll have it dry cleaned and if that doesn’t work I’ll just pay for the damn thing. Hell, I can afford that now.

I doubt it’ll come to that though. I went to work on it last night and got one of the stains out with just a bit of soap and hot water so there should be no problems. I’ll be damned if I’ll be like Ove who borrowed my black jacket the year before and got red paint on it and left it there. ----------

3 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Today after I had woken up and fallen asleep again I dreamt something about some dude having to perform a lobotomy on a chick while she was conscious. That was pretty gross.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    Sounds like something from Saw...that would be a pretty cool trap too.

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    Hey, I can see if I can get those out too if you want to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home