Gone Clubbing

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Last day at work

Well, today is my last day at work. It’s over, after 395 days, well tecnically I still have five days after today but I’m free. It’s strange because I originally thought this would be a happy, glorious day but I noticed this morning that I haven’t really been looking forward to it that much. I knew it was going to come eventually but I never really thought about it, just went on with my business and all of a sudden it’s here. I even found myself not really wanting to go to the office today.

He reason I didn’t want to go is because I suspected someone would make a big deal of my last day and make me eat cake or something. I hate that kind of stuff...especially cake. Luckily, it turns out that most of the people are on vacation today so it’s very quiet here and not very much to do. So this day will be the same as any other day as far as I’m concerned.

And really, it’s not really my last day at all. Next week I’ll start work for real, with real pay. That’ll be sooo cool, to finally have some cash to throw around and not having to constantly calculate how much the groceries cost, how you’re going to have money to buy...whatever etc. On monday I’ll come in to work in the morning and sign the papers.
However, I figure I have to celebrate somehow tonight though, so I’m going out to Fontana to see the Crash play.
---------------
I had been planning on going out on wednesday but in the morning I really didn’t feel like it. I just felt like staying at home and sleeping. I figured I’d wait and see in the evening but even after I had showered I wasn’t in any kind of party mood. So I stayed at home watching Rome and the Mythbusters.
As a result of me staying at home I had one of the best back workouts in a long time yesterday.
--------------
The first snow fell this morning. Immediately you noticed there was much more of a bite to the wind. The temperature has dropped just below ”comfortable” now. Before it had been chilly sometimes but now it’s cold. Pretty soon it’ll be fuckin’ ”freeze your nuts off”-temperature. Winter, I love it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home