Gone Clubbing

Monday, October 02, 2006

Everything changes!

I took the car to work today because I had to go take some measurements for some changes to be made near a construction site. I usually park my car a block and a half away from work. So far I have never encountered the problem of never finding a spot but today the entire block was packed. ”What the fuck is this?” I thought to myself. I repeated that when I noticed that several spaces were free right outside the office. I did a little dance in my head before noticing the reason for the multiple available spaces; it is no longer free to park there, you have to pay. Yet another place where you can’t park in this town.

I bought a new tube of face wash recently and noticed that they have changed the formula. One thing that I had found very positive about this particular face wash was that it was a bit like Heinz ketchup in the sense that it didn’t really come out of the tube all that easily. It’s not like you had to struggle or anything but you had to squeeze it a bit. Now they have changed it so it’s basically like a waterfall. I guess that’s good for the company since you inadvertedly use more of the stuff but bad for me ’cause..well, the same reason.

----------------------------
In a couple of weeks I will have completed my duty to my country and will be able to move on to bigger and grander things, whatever that might be. It’s somewhat of a strange feeling ’cause now I have nothing I *have* to do. In the past I’ve always had something hanging over me. When I finished junior high (or the equivalent thereof) it was high school, then it was a college edumacation and all during college it was practical training or this thing hanging over me. Now I’m...free and all I will have to do is get a job, work for forty years, get a heart attack and retire.

It would probably be suitable to say that it is a bit scary but I actually don’t feel that way. Sure, I might not be able to find a job right away-no sweat, lots of people don’t. I may face the prospect of being unemployed for a while-no sweat, it will give me time to practice guitar five hours a day.

What I’d really like to do is build models for architectural firms and such. It’s something I am passionate about and really good at (or so I hear). It’s something I could do for free even...as long as I could make ends meet that is. That kind of work wouldn’t be work per se for me. If I could find a job like that locally I’d be jumping with joy. Right now, however, those kind of jobs just don’t exist around here so I plan on working a couple of years with something else and later move on to what I really want to do. Who knows, maybe I’ll find something even better in the process.
And if that doesn’t work out I can always go live with Martin and work with...umm...in the ”animal shelter” business.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Now they have changed it so it’s basically like a waterfall."

    I've noticed with the brand of liquid soap that I use that it's more "liquid-y" as it gets warmer. So if you've got a cool place, try sticking it there and see what happens :)

    "I may face the prospect of being unemployed for a while-no sweat, it will give me time to practice guitar five hours a day."

    And concentrate full-time on the band!

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    I guess I could stick it in the refrigerator but it’s a hassle hopping out of the shower and going to the kitchen to get the face wash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home