Gone Clubbing

Monday, October 02, 2006

Bad show

I watched two new shows yesterday. The first one as called Weeds and was actually the better of the two. I wasn’t really planning on watching it but since it was on just beforwe the other show I decided to watch it. Basically it was a show that had plenty in common with the hit series ”Desperate Housewives”; suburb, main character female, lots of strange shit going on ”behind the scenes”. For instance, the main character sells pot, which I thought was surprising (actually the surprising bit was how casually it was depicted). Anyway, it was only half an hour long so I could keep my interest up. I’ll watch that one again.

The other one was what I thought was a reality show called ”Fat Actress” with Kirstey Allen playing herself. Basically it’s about an actress who has become fat and can’t get work. It was *supposed* to be a counter reaction to the media industry’s demand for thin, hot looking women. But I didn’t see it that way.

What I saw was a fat chick (anyone who claims she wasn’t fat is blind and/or lives in the US where two thirds of the population are obese...she had an ass the size of a mack truck for christ sake!), very unhappy with herself, neurotic beyond belief, stuffed her face with food when upset and didn’t like to have the lights on when banging a black dude with an enormous schlong.

Basically, the whole show underlined exactly why I don’t like fat people. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying fat people are inherantly bad, what I’m saying is that I hate this kind of attitude from fatties. The bottom line is that the main character is NOT happy with herself. She knows it, we know it. But whenever anyone suggests that she lose a bit of weight she spews venom on them and tells herself that she is beautiful.

One scene actually depicted her about to stick a feather down her throat so she’d throw up but changed her mind and had a twinkie instead. People with eating disorders are fucked up. Yeah, I said it! They are messed up. You can sugar coat all you want but the bottom line is that they have serious issues. Okay so the character may not have an eating disorder per se but she is no doubt on her way of developing one, ergo; fucked up.

Another thing I hate is the ”either or...” attitude. Either you are ”normal”, i.e fat like an elephant, or you have an eating disorder. In my opinion the show enforced such an attitude as well.

The show wasn’t even funny, a third tier sitcom I predict will be cancelled after one season..tops.
The statement the show was supposed to be was a joke. I don’t recommend it to anyone...and I am a person who actually likes those kind of shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home