Gone Clubbing

Friday, October 06, 2006

Pretending to be model

So I did a photo shoot yesterday. No big deal really. I think it was the studio in which the shoot took place that wanted some pics of products you can print your own picture on (mugs, t-shirts, bags etc) so they needed some ”models” to hold/wear them. I was actually scheduled to do two shoots back-to-back. The other one was for a clothing company making work-wear so I wore this thick, neon-yellow jacket and pants..and matching cap.

I really hesitate to call myself ”model” ’cause I’m really not one. I’m just a hack pretending to be one on occasion. Besides, if you don’t make enough money to support yourself doing what you do and don’t have a degree or something I don’t think you can really entitle yourself ”model” or whatever.

I came to the conclusion that there is a lot more to it than meets the eye...like with transformers.
The main thing that is challenging is smiling and looking serious on que and everything in between. Well, mostly smiling like you are a deranged mad man. Hopefully I won’t look all that retarded.

I worked with another riehaan-model named...better not say. I don’t know if she was shy or extremely professional (like ”get in get the job done get out”)but I found her to be very quiet. At first I just thought she had the personality of a turnip but at the end of the shoot she loosened up a bit so I don’t know. I have to admit though, she was ridiculously pretty. I mean ”model-pretty” absolutely drop dead, walk-into-lamp-posts-gorgeous. Shorter than I had imagined though.

Another thing I noticed was that it takes a while to get comfortable in fron of the camera. I think it was the same when we took that photo to give to our parents for christmas. It takes a while before you get used to the flashing lights and the posing and all that.

The posing bit wasn’t all that hard. I think the chick in charge of the shoot had a tougher time because she had to make sure the pictures could be used for their intended purpose. That meant making sure there was no extra glare, wrinkles that would obscure the prints and that the clothes didn’t look baggy or too tight or something.
I wouldn’t say it was hard or difficult really. I’d say it was easy cash and a welcome change of pace from the daily grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home