Gone Clubbing

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Badger

Yesterday at work I started feeling really crappy. After lunch I started feeling a bit dizzy and ill. My energy level dropped to practically nothing and I felt cold. It was supposed to be leg day at the gym today but when I got home I ate a couple of carrots, a Nashi, a glass of yoghurt and went to bed. I woke up at around 8, got up, cooked some pasta and watched some tv. I was feeling better at that point but still not back to normal so I decided to just stay home and rest.

I wonder if it’s my body’s way of saying I need more rest. I do four weight training sessions a week and the past couple of months I’ve added three cardio workouts per week as well. I also know I get too little sleep. I should probably bump that up to 7-8 hours (from 5).

-----------
On monday as I was about to shave my shaving brush broke. The bristles are glued into the handle (at least on the cheaper models) and I guess when moisture gets in there, which is pretty much inevitable, it ruins the bonding capability of the glue. This brush actually lasted a long time compared to the crappy 5 buck-ones I had in the past. Those fuckers fell apart a week after you got them.

So yesterday I figured I’d go out and get a new one but I couldn’t find any! So I had to get some glue and glue the thing back together. I’m now considering ordering one, a quality one with real badger hair. But I think I’ll wait until after Christmas...if my brush holds up that long that is.
--------------
I am going to get my pinstripe suit taylored a bit. I want it taken in a bit in the sides, for a more tapered look and the sleeves shortened about two inches to show a bit of shirt cuff. I actually thought I had bought a suit jacket that was too big since a lot of suit jackets in magazines are a lot shorter than mine. After doing a bit of research, however, I found out that the current style is that of a shorter length jacket.
The length of my jacket, albeit a more classic cut, was just right, as was the shoulder (the most critical part of the fit). The alterations I have in mind are actually quite common. I’m hoping I’ll get them done before the 15th, as there is an office christmas party then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home