Gone Clubbing

Monday, September 04, 2006

House on fire?

This morning I figured out what kind of shoes I am looking for. I decided to wear my new dark brown sweater with a diamond pattern on, combined with my black pinstriped shirt underneath for that preppy look. Anyway, as I was putting on my shoes (my beige suede ones) I started thinking that a darker brown would really go better with what I was wearing.

So I decided that I want dark brown, casual shoes I can wear pretty much every day for fall, spring and summer. In winter I will be wearing big ugly snow boots anyway...except when I go out, in which case it would be nice if the shoes were nice enough for the club, you know, in a t-shirt and jeans kind of way.

I suppose a dressier shoe would go well with the preppy look but I can’t see me wearing those often enough so I will go a notch more casual.

---------------------
As I was leaving my apartment this morning I heard a loud beeping noise. It came from one of the apartments on the first floor. It sounded very much like a fire alarm so I waited for 4 minutes (a minute longer than it takes for a room to be completely engulfed in flames) before leaving my own apartment. I figured that if a room is on fire I would smell smoke and/or feel the heat if I put my hand on the door (a room on fire generates a temperature of 800+ degrees celsius). But I didn’t smell any smoke and the door was as cool as ever. So I went to work and let other people handle the alarm thing.

---------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home