Gone Clubbing

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Grass is greener

Today is a great day. The sun seems brighter, the birds seems to sing a happier tune (I think it’s ”Seventeen” by Winger) and the air seems...airier...no...fresher...that’s the word. I don’t feel down about anything really, not even that the summer will inevitably come to an end. Why is that you ask?

It looks like I may get to work here at the same place for the remainder of the year. There will be budget meetings tomorrow where my superiors will try to get their superiors to sign off some dosh for it. If everything goes according to plan I will have a job until the new year.

There was also talk about a dream scenario where funds would be reserved for a permanent position for next year. In reality it would be the job I then would have been doing for two months so I’d have a gigantic foot in that door already. The two months at the end of this year would serve as a trial period, so in case I suck at it they can get someone who knows what they are doing.
But anyway, nothing has been decided yet so let’s not get ahead of ourselves. But it does seem I have a very good shot at getting at least a two month employment (knock on wood).
--------------------------

I saw the little blond chick (who had the 80's "do") today. She had cut her hair. It looked really nice now. Her rating went up to...not exactly sure...as I just saw her in passing. But it seems she's making an effort to clean up after a summer of debauchery...or whatever she's done.
Yeyh! Too bad she's Finnish...but she is oh so cute.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    Still no word about the job. Hopefully tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home