Gone Clubbing

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Monday ramblings

I actually posted this as a comment to another blog but thought it was sooo good I had to post it as a blog myself.

********What is this obsession women have with having the relationship go somewhere? It seems like they are always pushing for “the next level”, like as if there is some magic fairy tale la-la land where everything is pink, fluffy clouds, puppydogs and ever afters.

The problem is, as I see it, that when women ask “where is this going?” it seems like a trap to a guy; a trick question designed to lure him into a trap. The only correct answer is the one she is looking for. The odds of you guessing what she is looking for are slim to none at best, so you say “I don’t know” or something to that effect, hoping that you will dodge that bullet.

However, I suspect that this question is actually womanese and means something entirely different than what it seems. I suspect that she really wants to talk about something specific, but being a woman she is incapable of asking a straight question. It could be anything from “I would like to talk about feelings more” to “how come you never pick your socks off the floor”. I am hoping to do more research into this subject.*********

--------------------
Okay, so back to my random ramblings.

It must be tough being a retard.
There is this guy who works in a store in town who is a bit…how shall I put this delicatelly…he’s like Timmy…but without the wheel chair…and he can talk more... even if he does sound like he’s got a ball of wet yarn in his mouth when he does. Anyway, I’ve seen him in clubs night after night, trying to find chicks like the rest of us poor schmoes. He must have balls the size of water melons to go out night after night, sans posse’, just workin’ the floor…Hey wait a minute! That’s like me! No wonder I can’t score.

---------------------

In regards to my previous post about the worst thing that can happen when you ask someone out.
I claimed that the worst thing is not getting a reply at all. Actually, getting no reply IS the reply. Anything other than “sure I’d love to” is a “no, thanks, I need to wash my toe nails”. The trick is to actually buy a clue and understand the message.

---------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home