Gone Clubbing

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Friday night-date night

Well, I had a date yesterday.
I called that blond chick on thursday and we set something up for friday evening. That meant that all day (workday) on friday I was figuring out what to wear (I'm such a woman). T-shirt and jeans? No, too casual even if it was a cool t-shirt. A button shirt? Would be a better choice but a bit too simplistic and "last year". Preppy? Yes, I decided that would be the perfect choice for an evening coffee date. But I still wanted to jazz it up a bit so I decided to wear my pink sweater (which I rarely wear during the day) over a white striped shirt. Sometimes (when I wear my newly purchased brown sweater) I also wear a necklace and bracelet in brown tones (matches the shoes) but with pink I decided to go sans necklace. This all sounds pretty gay doesn't it?

I went with my darker washed jeans as it is slightly more dressed up. Then the shoes. There was really only one choice here-my brown "semi-dress" shoes. My suede ones would have worked okay since they are a lighter color but that wasn't what I wanted.
So on to the date.

We went for a coffee to O'Malleys. I came there a minute before the time we had agreed on. She was there already, which I appreciate a lot since I think it shows enthusiasm and respect towards the person you're meeting. I also noticed that she had paid attention to make up and clothes and stuff. *Confession time* This is not the first date I've been on since becoming single. I have actually been on 12 + dates. But this one is the only one I felt was worth mentioning.

Anyway, on a few of the dates I've been on it was apparent that the chick had paid extremely little attention to how they looked, what we were doing (even though SHE had been the one who asked me out). So when I notice that someone has actually given some thought to the date I appreciate it.

The thing about this girl is that she is Finnish so basically I spent three hours speaking Finnish. I have been on some dates with Finnish chicks before and some of them were kind of hard but yesterday I felt really comfortable and the conversation flowed smoothly.

One thing about dating Finnish chicks is that I feel that I sometimes can't express my suprimely ridiculous side. So I was a bit shocked when I noticed that I could do that a lot better yesterday. I have no idea why.

Well...yeah...all in all I'd say it was a very good date. We talked about a bunch of various subjects and it seemed like we "clicked". To borrow a phrase from Zoolander; "there was some crazy energy flying back and forth". And I did give her a good night kiss AND there is a second date set up for next week.

The only problem is...she is 18.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Jonas said…

    What? No comment on all that!? Shame on you

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Ainu said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home