Gone Clubbing

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Again with the blondes

And the streak goes on.
I was out to the club on wednesday. I got there very early since I anticipated there would be a line to tomorrow. That meant I missed Rome (this new tv-show I quite like) but I had my brother tape it so no big loss (thanks again bro).

When I got there at ten there was no line at all so I figured I’d hang around the market square and watch the fresh students make asses of themselves. However that didn’t last long as they headed over to Oliver’s so I decided to wander the streets a bit and do some window shopping. However, as I was walking past two dudes I overheard their conversation and it seemed like there were very few tickets left so I figured I’d better get my ass over there.

In the beginning I just hung at the bar, taking it easy and sipping my cola. Then I noticed this dude. He seemed a bit out of place, older than the rest of the gang but he was wearing youthful clothes. I first noticed him when he came up to this chick at the bar and started talking to her. That was a bit of a curveball ’cause you rarely see this type of approach in bars here (mainly because the area around the bar is packed).

It wouldn’t have been a big of a deal actually but then I noticed him do the exact same approach on another chick fifteen minutes later. I thought to myself that this guy definately has something in mind since he seemed to be very systematic and confident in his approach. Okay I’ll say it; the thing that popped into my mind was ”player”. So I decided to stalk him and observe his technique. Maybe I could pick up a few things.

I watched him approach no less than five chicks. He targeted chicks that were temporarily seperated from their group, getting drinks at the bar or otherwise alone. I figured he used the three-second-rule and came in on a cold approach, striking up a conversation. The thing is, this approach was not at all successful. Even though the women smiled and talked to him for a fairly long time they all had a closed up, guarded body language. He could obvously carry a conversation but was unable to lower their shields. Maybe it was because he was so out of place, maybe because he was a foreigner (he spoke English) or maybe it was becasue he chewed gum and glanced at their breasts (which I noticed looked really sleazy). Either way, he was shot down in flames. One of the chicks actually used the age old-”excuse me I must go to the bathroom”-trick.

Personally I did quite well, again.
I met this Finnish chick who impressed the hell out of me by speaking Swedish. That is, she wasn’t bi-lingual, made lots of mistakes but STILL did it. That is the kind of effort that impresses me. So it was a lot of back and forth of me speaking Finnish and she speaking Swedish and vice-versa. At the end of the night she gave me her number and told me to call her.
In your face player!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home