Gone Clubbing

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Random thursday ramblings

My new hobby is listening in on my neighbours’ conversations. Actually, the only thing I do is *stay* on my balcony when they come out on theirs. Sometimes I only have my balcony door open and that’s enough to hear them so it is not like I’m holding a glass up against the wall and actually trying to listen (although I did that once too when some other neighbours were having sex).

Anyway, right now the neighbour girl is having boy problems, or should I say man problems, ’cause she’s a grown ass girl, probably a couple of years over 30. Turns out she’s been seeing this guy off and on for three years. Lately he has been acting a bit flakey and cancelling dates or something like that. She had invited him over for cake to celebrate...whatever...and fifteen minutes later he calls and cancels. Okay so right now you’re probably thinking ”the guy is an a-hole”, which is probably true but the fact remains that she has been beating this dead horse for 3+ years.

And you know what the real kicker is? After the lengthy explanation to her mother she says ”we’ll wait and see” (that is a quote..albeit translated). At that point I wanted toyell out: ”Bitch, you’ve been waiting and seeing for three fuckin’ years! Borrow some money and buy a freakin’ clue already!”.

The other thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was her saying that he ”should be toasting in champagne” for having the oportunity to get her and how it is strange that men ”can’t appreciate a good thing”. Okay I don’t know her that well but it seems to me that she does have the attitude that she is the best thing since sliced bread and that a guy should be lucky to have her.

Well, has it ever occurred to her that maybe, just maybe, she is NOT all that great? Maybe guys thinks it’s weird and a bit freaky that she still lives with her parents in a tiny apartment in shitsville (only kidding..all the cool people live there you know). Maybe guys pick up on her queen bitch attitude and get turned off by it.
----------------

I was in the gym yesterday and there were two foreigners there speaking some weird language. After a while I found myself actually getting annoyed at them. Why can’t they speak a proper language that I can understand? And why did that one dude have to wear so much cologne? It made me want to throw up.

Then I started thinking that their language didn’t sound like a language at all. I couldn’t figure out a single word in there. It was all jibberish to me. So I started thinking; there are hundreds of different languages in the world and a lot of them are just jibberish so statistically speaking, if you just blurt out sounds you are probably saying real words in some language. Shit, maybe you are even fluent in Monglodarabese and don’t even know it.

-------------
I can report that there were no swarms of screaming fans outside my window this morning, nor were there any paparazzi following me to work. I’ll give it another week...the swarms of fans are obviously on holiday already.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home