Gone Clubbing

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm back baby!

I did another double-header this weekend. And by that I don’t mean I took it in both holes or anything. I just went out both on friday and saturday. Didn’t feel like breaking the streak me and martin started four weeks ago.

On friday I headed over to Giggling Marlin. They had had a VIP party earlier in the evening (which reportedly sucked) that I was NOT invited to ;(, so I figured there would be at least a couple of people there. However, the place was half empty for the most part of the night. The suomi-pop part was quite full though.

A funny thing happened when I was standing by the bar; I got recognised as ”that guy from that web page”. Some dude standing next to me made the comment. He also mentioned that he also goes to B&F gym but I have never seen him there. So now a total of two has recognised me. I’m practically a celebrity.

It’s interesting that in Åland it was like I was made of air or something because it seemed like all the chicks saw right through me and as soon as I get back to vasa and the bar circuit I immediately get hit on by two-three chicks without any real effort on my part. I had three at Giggling and later on saturday I had another one at Fontana. I can’t help but wonder why that is. Maybe it’s because I feel more at home in the clubs here or is it really because the chicks down there don’t go for guys who look like me? It’s strange.

Anyway, on saturday I went to the beach and tanned and then off to the gym for my final workout of the week. I had missed one since our cousin was home from England so I had to go on saturday instead. I didn’t really mind because the place is empty on saturdays. Later in the evening I went out again.

Marcus called and asked if I would join him and Kia at Fontana so I went there instead of my original plan which was going to Royal. In retrospect I’m happy with my choice. The place was packed.

It’s interesting to see the shifts in popularity between the clubs here. Royal was lagging behind but pulled back into the race, then it was Fontanas turn to be left behind and now, with the new renovation and fresh look, they seem to have pulled back into the lead once again. I would have to go to Royal a few times to confirm this though. It will also be interesting to see what happens later this fall when Giggling turns into Onnela and lowers the price of beer. In combination with their lowered age limit I think we could have a contender there.

Fontana still has the problem that the chicks on the main dance floor pretty much disappear after two o’clock. Maybe they feel it becomes too much of a sausage fest there (which it is). The good thing about Royal is that the chicks there stay right until the end. However, that doesn’t really help since Royal never has been very kind to me on the chick-front.
Anyway, could it be that people are already heading back into town? I saw a lot of faces in Fontana I hadn’t seen in a while. Autumn is always an exciting time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home