Gone Clubbing

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Crappy September-show

Well, this weekend I have been out partying twice, Friday and Saturday.
A Swedish band called September was playing at Fontana on Friday and since I had seen the video on MTV and thought the female vocalist was quite attractive I figured that if nothing else I could just sit and watch her for a while. The tickets were also quite cheap, only 6 euros if you bought them before the gig (8 euros at the door though). My good friend Jens joined me.

I had thought there would be a line the size of my dick when we got there but when we got there; there were only five people outside…(at this point I would like all of you to refrain from the small-penis-jokes). We went inside and the place was nowhere near full but it did fill up quite fast. As we waited we sat at the bar doing what men do. You know…talking about feelings and stuff…Okay so if you really want to know we were watching this chick with a cleavage the size of the Grand Canyon, wondering if her tits would fall out. They didn’t…unfortunately.

Jens also noticed that some chick was checking me out so I figured I’d talk to her at some point later during the night but sometime after the show she disappeared. Probably went home to bang her boyfriend while thinking about me. There are no other alternatives.

The show sucked donkey balls.
First of all, there was no band so they were singing to a backing track. I also suspect that the backing singers weren’t singing for real because it sounded a bit too close to the album version, a bit too polished. I also suspect that the lead singer was backed up by a singback track. So basically what you were paying for was watching semi-celebrities lip synch to backing tracks. Okay, that wouldn’t really have bothered me all that much if they had played more than five songs. I thought they were joking when they thanked the audience and got off stage. If I had been a fan or paid 8 euros at the door instead of mainly being there for the chicks I would have been real upset about it.

The rest of the night was okay even though most of the crowd went home after the gig.
Me and Jens shook our money makers a bit with some Finnish chicks for a while before they ran off on us. I also met a chick I had met a few times before so I talked to her for a while but being a gentleman I will not reveal any dirty little details. Instead, on to Saturday night’s events.

Some of my friends were going out with their rink bandy team. So I decided I’d go out as well. Unfortunately, they couldn’t get their thumbs out of their asses and decide were they were going so I went to Royal Night. I got there at about half past 12. The line outside was longer than it has been in years. It was like the “good old days”. I stood there freezing my ass off for half an hour before finally getting inside. The place was packed, excellent.

I chilled at the bar for a while before I met a few old friends from high school. There were quite a lot of attractive ladies there too. Among others, that sweet as candy blond chick I have been checking out for some time. Once again she was with that dude she hangs with. And I won’t go up to a chick and start hitting on her if she is standing next to some guy. That’s how wars start you know. Why do you think Bush was so PO’ed at Saddam? Because Saddam had been hitting on Barbara, that’s why. Oh well, one of these days I’ll get the nerve to talk to her…when she chucks that loser boyfriend of hers that is..No he’s probably a nice guy, quite attractive too…though not Jude Law-attractive.

Oh well, no worries, I still had fun. I met this other chick I talked to for a good part of the night. I didn’t even try to sleep with her or anything. No, I’m serious! Stop laughing! I did give her a hug at the end of the evening though.

So I’m thinking I will definitely make a change and start going to Royal again. It seems that the popularity of the place is picking up again, especially if Saturday was any indication. Another plus is that the dance floor is packed right to the end, whereas at Fontana after three you have fifty horny guys all hoping to score with the four ladies there. At Royal night there is a good number of chicks right to the end. Another plus is that Coke is cheaper and the patrons are a bit older (I’m getting bored picking up 18-year olds and feeling like a pedophile).

Yes, that’s what I’ll do.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home