Gone Clubbing

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It was pretty cool

Well, I had decided to go out yesterday, since I was missing in action last Saturday. Boy, what a crappy night that was! Okay, it was nowhere near as bad as the last time we went out but still, pretty crappy.

Earlier in the day, students in Vasa had been celebrating what is known as Fastlags-Tuesday; a day when you ride all sorts of weird things and contraptions down a snowy hill. In conjunction with that there had been arranged not less than three parties in clubs in Vasa later in the evening. Usually there are loads of people at these student parties. However, right now lots of schools have a break, a skiing holiday, which meant that there was no way three clubs could be filled with students.

I went to Giggling Marlin first thinking I’d pick up some Finnish chicks. The party never truly picked up. The place was half empty. I did find an ATM-card on the floor though and gave it to the bar personnel. I later met the owner who was ecstatic about getting his card back. Good deed done. Entrance to heaven ensured.

Anyway, at about 1Am I decided to call it quits and went to Fontana instead. There, a Swedish school had arranged a party. Usually it is harder picking up chicks when a Swedish school has arranged it because there are mostly Swedish speaking people there and those are not as slutty (for lack of a better word) as their Finnish brethren…or should that be sistren? I think it has something to do with the fact that we Swedish speaking Finns are a minority and so we pretty much know everyone in some way or another. Word gets around and you get a reputation or something.

But Finns are a different story. There is no way they all know each other and move in the same circles and therefore the word of mouth is limited. If you also take into account that I am not Finnish speaking it means that I don’t hang in their group either so I won’t spread the word. Not that I do that anyway…much. No seriously, I really don’t talk a lot about …you know…who I’ve banged.

Anyway, something very rare happened. Remember I was talking about the Sweden-Finland matchup and scoring right at the buzzer? Well, it was getting to be closing time. I was drinking a tall cool glass of water by the bar and this chick comes over and asks me to dance. I wasn’t really surprised because she had been dancing with me previously during the night as well…along with her hot, blond friend. She was a nice girl, from Helsinki of all places. Said she was staying at a her hot blond friend’s house, which meant I didn’t try to hit a home run because I had to get up to go to work in three hours and don’t want to leave a strange woman in my apartment. How’s that for crazy? I don’t mind sticking my ding dong in her yoohaa but won’t trust her not to steal my Skid Row albums. Well, at least I got three solid hours of sleep.

I had a dream about my ex. We were outside a club dancing in the street. The club was closed and apparently it was all the rage to have a big after party in the street outside. Me, Martin and john was there when she came over. I was scooping out some chicks and my ex gets pissy about it and says:
-“ Look at my face. This is me not being happy”
So I said: “Okay, whatever” and walked away. It was pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home