Gone Clubbing

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Queer eye for the Straight clubber

I had an epiphany yesterday while watching my favourite tv show, Queer Eye for the Straight guy. The whole point of the show is not to transform someone into what they are not but rather to make them into the best of what they already are. If they hate wearing suits and love jeans and t-shirts the point is to find the best possible pair of jeans and the best t-shirt.

Well, here is my epiphany; why not approach clubbing the same way?
Why not view it as a lifestyle of sorts instead of just a way of getting laid (as I have done in the past). Take this weekend for instance.

I started partying on friday, almost by accident. Went out again on saturday. Sunday rolled around and I went back to the bar, even though I was supposed to get up at 7 the next day. Then because of the holiday on tuesday (independence day) I went out again on monday.

The thing is I met quite a few interesting people. Fun folks. I am sure alcohol had something to do with it though as people tend to relax more then. Anyway, I also got a VIP-invitation to my regular club even though I am not technically a "Gold member".

SO all of this got me thinking about it; why not try to be the best god damn clubber I can be? I could try to get to know more of the people in the staff at various clubs. Socialize more than just trying to pick up chicks. Get the best club clothes I can etc. Just go for it all out man!

I think it would come easily for me as I tend to do everything all out no matter what I do.

Of course this would all boil down to getting chicks because "social proof" (knowing people, having connections) is a good character trait you can have.

I could become a clubbing superhero...or legend of sorts...or a sad pathetic character people laugh at behind my back. Either way, I win :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home