Gone Clubbing

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hit on by a gay guy

So last night me and my friends went to a local night club. It is one of the most popular clubs in town and is frequented by mostly people in their early twenties and late teens. I am 25 years old myself so I am still not too old to go there. If I am still there when I hit 45 I'll probably start thinking about going someplace else. Either that or get a lobotomy.

We arrived at the venue quite late, probably around 2AM. Usually you'd want to get there a bit earlier so you can be there for a few hours before finally calling it a night and going home to lady palm and her five daughters or , if you have "game", to some lady who will probably be a lot less attractive in the morning than she was in the wee hours of the morning. In my case it is either, as I have a girlfriend so the only woman I will be going home to is her and occasionally my mother but I am quite reluctant to do the ..."stuff" I do with my girlfriend with my mother.

Tonight though my girlfriend had gone to visit her sister and was not there with me. As the evening drew to a close I was standing next to the dancefloor watching people dancing as Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi was playing. On a platform close by a very attractive girl was dancing all by herself in the flickering light and smoke. I notice a guy making his way towards me and I automatically assume he was going to say something about the girl dancing solitaire up there, which he does.

"Why don't you ask her to dance with you?" he asks. I laugh and tell him I already have a girlfriend but there is no harm in looking. He agrees and proceeds to ask me how old I am, where I am from and other insignificant stuff. By that time I figured it was just a normal drunk guy passing time before he would finally admit that yet another attempt to score had failed and go home.

The next thing out of his mouth came somewhat of a surprise. "You know, I am gay and I think you are quite hot". At first I thought I had heard wrong but he repeated what he just said and added: " so I think I'll come on to you now".

"But I have a girlfriend...and I am not gay" I explained. He smiled and said: "Well, that doesn't bother me really". He eventually gave up his attempts at picking me up, gave me a kiss on the cheek and went off into the night.

I must say I was not at all offended in any way. I mean, hey, it's good that at least someone finds me attractive and/or interesting looking. Beats looking like a drug dealer, which I also have been mistaken for once.

And we did have a quite interesting conversation about Queer Eye For the Straight Guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home